THIS goes here....and this goes over there........
This is the Anna Bag......just one of my many Handbag patterns!!
I will be chatting the Anna Handbag Pattern in just a bit.
Some important stuff to say first!
Has it really been 3 weeks (since I last posted).....
I am not going to lie.....it is quite challenging to run your own business....doing your own passion. I go to bed at night thinking....did I do all the really important stuff today?
I am learning to be ok with doing what I can, even if I do not think it is the best I can do.
Well.....I am getting organized.
I am doing totally making a splash with social media!!
Be on the lookout for my Pinterest......coming very soon.
I will have a board for every pattern I have.
Hang in there,this will take some time!!
As soon as I have something fun for you to see...
you will be the first to know!!
I also found I need to let everyone know what the hell I am doing with these patterns...why did I decide to design them?
What can they do for you?
A few facts about
Paradiso handbag patterns:
1. I design my handbag patterns so that they really do look like designer handbags that you would purchase for a lot of mula from a high end department store!!
2. I developed my own technique to sew pleather/vinyl into straps that look like real leather. The pleather is way more comfortable as it is more flexible then fabric straps or woven strapping that can tear at your shoulders!
3. When I found that it was really hard to carry such pleather/vinyl in large amounts for the stores carrying my patterns, I found a way to make it easy to carry a number of pleathers by creating my own pleather collection, of which there are 3 different pleather kits available now to purchase retail or wholesale!!
2. There is nothing fused to an external fabric in Paradiso patterns, so you will never ever experience any bumpiness that occurs when an external fabric starts to unfuse unevenly from its stabilizer/interfacing.
3. All Paradiso handbag linings are muslin lined to give it strength.
4. All pockets are sewn into seams, and if there are divided pockets, then they are rigidly sewn at the top of the divider to prevent tear-out.
5. All pockets are lined with trim to give durability.
So it Starts.......
The Anna Bag was the very first bag I designed that became a pattern. But I designed the Anna and the Xine Handbags to just sell bags. I designed to use different materials that POP against each other in the bag design.
Feast on the silk in the tabs that attach the handles.
Throw in the ribbon that I used to bind the top of the bag.
The tabs allowed me to use buttons...ohh lala...vintage buttons,
and 2 button sizes for the 2 different tabs.
Of course this allows you to change the tabs around or
to change out the handles.....just a thought!
Do not forget the side tabs that gather the sides!!
Pay special attention to how the fabric themes match the bag handles!
This is a home décor fabric
This is the side view of the Anna, and it allows you to see the 2nd tab that holds the side gather in place.
I put black lace over the antique rose satin for this Anna Bag.
Here is the first Anna Bag I ever made!!
It is made with a tapestry upholstery fabric that is amazing.
I used a silk for the handle tabs, and an ombre silk ribbon to bind the top edge!!
Here is the inside of the bag.....there are 4 pockets!!
This Anna is made out of a pink crocodile printed fabric, and it was fun to use the zebra stripe for the tabs, with pink silk for the binding.
Honesty....I would not do that again.
This is the inside of a rose satin bag,
very high contrast lining to the external fabric.
Look how it makes you able to see the inside of the bag!
It works the same way when you line the backside of a pocket with a different fabric, meaning that you can see into the pocket.
Here is how the bag looks with the rose satin fabric!
Last but not least is the pricey designer fabric Anna.
The metallic woven fabric + lame tabs,
+ the lazer cut wool is to die for.
It is truly stunning!!
A Few Facts about Paradiso clothing patterns,
Find out what is a Formula?
What else can be done with it?
And why does it work soooo well!!
Thanks for reading.....xoxo!
ps......any questions....please ask me at any time.