A Demin Market Bag

[caption id="attachment_38" align="alignleft" width="150" caption="Here is Genny, my faithful canine companion, manning the power cables!"]Here is Genny, my faithful canine companion, manning the power cables![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_39" align="alignleft" width="150" caption="Here is the market bag, almost finished!!!"]Here is the market bag, almost finished!!![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_40" align="alignleft" width="112" caption="This is the finished Market Bag with it's smart shoulder strap!"]This is the finished Market Bag with it's smart shoulder strap![/caption]

On Thursday I had to teach a class at Nancy's Sewing Basket, and I also needed to finish a sample of the market bag for them.  I have to say that 20 years ago when I arrived in Seattle, Nancy's was the first fabric store that I went to.  Nancy has many treasures all over her store.  Then, she had to open the ribbon room.  I died and went to heaven.  They have all these things with the word "vintage"  attached to it.  You know, buttons and ribbon, and flower making stuff.  I have to be very careful when I walk in there, so that I do not buy too much.  The materials we picked for the market bag were fabulous.  Designer denim, yummy!  I had a student that had made the market bag in denim, and it was really cool.  What I  love is the fabric that we picked for the  side embellishment.  Usually I use 3 different fabrics that coordinate together, but with this HUGE designer print in fresh, just picked colors, I cut the strips and put them in an order so that was not in order, and that you can see the individual pieces.  Then I did my thing and made it come together.  I think it turned out very nice.  And, a big plus, it was the first day to sew outside.  Yes, all you sewing divas, I sew outside in the sun

[caption id="attachment_36" align="alignleft" width="112" caption="Here are the embellishment panels reassembled, ready for topstitching>"]Here are the embellishment panels reassembled, ready for topstitching>[/caption]

.  Multi-task and get a little color while I work.  Really,....does it get any better then that!!!  Take a look at the pictures and see for yourself!!!  Tomorrow I will have the full report on Megan's dress.  I am soooo happy to say that it is done.  If you want the pattern, click http:/// .  Have a great week!

Comments