Happy June 8th to all

[caption id="attachment_77" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Now you fold the edge of the pleather to the line to start your first line of stitching. I have decided that the next blog cast will be a full set of instructions to fully sew the pleather strap!!!"]Now you fold the edge of the pleather to the line to start your first line of stitching.  I have decided that the next blog cast will be a full set of instructions to fully sew the pleather strap!!![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_78" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Here I am topstitching the seam of a Tiny Bag!"]Here I am topstitching the seam of a Tiny Bag![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_79" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="This is the finished Tiny Bag!"]This is the finished Tiny Bag![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_80" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Check out this rose. Peace to everyone!!!"]Check out this rose.  Peace to everyone!!![/caption]

So today is my birthday, and I just had to get it on and do a new post. I was really busy last week getting ready for a trunk show this last weekend. I got alot done, new Tiny Bags, and Market bags, and for those of you that do not know, I make jewelry too!!! And I have to include a picture of my peace rose blooming. I love these roses, yellow with a blush of coral. I think to be able to cut a beautiful flower from my garden, then put it in a vase, and to see it's beauty every time you walk into the room is lovely. How lucky are we to have these gifts of the earth! So I am also including some pictures of me sewing the Tiny and Market Bags. I included adding trim to a pocket top, and sewing the pleather strap. I love sewing with pleather. It is a wonderful fabric, and it comes in all kinds of textures and colors. I even use vinyl too. If it looks like leather, and you can fold it into thirds easily, then you have the making of a strap. Joanne's has a really great supply of pleather/vinyl. They even have one that is ostrich too. Here in Seattle, I love to see what Pacific Fabrics has. Sometimes they get crocodile embossed, or snakeskin too, and tons of colors. I recommend the 4th Avenue, the selection cannot be beat. In fact, all of the pleather straps on my patterns covers are made with pleather I bought form Pacific Fabric  (www.paradisodesigns.etsy.com for the patterns)! Also, I am having my first DIY Class at my house tomorrow night from 5-9 pm, at the special price of $15.00. E-mail me at paradisodesigns@comcast.net, if you want more information, and to hold a spot for you too!! Have a great day everyone!

[caption id="attachment_74" align="alignleft" width="500" caption="Here are the materials for 3 new Tiny Bags"]Here are the materials for 3 new Tiny Bags[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_75" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Here is the first step to sewing a pleather strap. The cut piece is 3" wide. I have drawna line 1" from the edge, the entire length of the strap piece. "]Here is the first step to sewing a pleather strap.  The cut piece is 3" wide.  I have drawna line 1" from the edge, the entire length of the strap piece.  [/caption]

Sew Rama, Cheryl

Comments