School's out.... to quote Alice Cooper!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been so busy getting the ball rolling on my Summer Sew Camp.  I am going to keep working on the promotion.  As soon as I get those first few kids sewing up a storm, the sewing gospel will spread!!!!  I love to work with kids because their minds know no limits.  When it comes to creativity, I relish letting them go for it.  When they ask if they can make something, I work to make that happen.

I came up with alot of projects, but..... I have even

[caption id="attachment_84" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Maya made her own market bag!"]Maya made her own market bag![/caption]

helped some students draft skirt patterns.

[caption id="attachment_85" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="This is the skirt that I helped Roma draft a pattern for. Then she cut it out and made it!"]This is the skirt that I helped Roma draft a pattern for.  Then she cut it out and made it![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_86" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Then Roma made a dress too. Look at that fun embellishment on the trim!"]Then Roma made a dress too.  Look at that fun embellishment on the trim![/caption]

Teaching kids became such a fundamental element for me.  I was going through a very tough time last summer, and working with kids allowed me to step away from my own pain and give them something  meaningful in being able to create.  With their eyes wide open, I knew that it was important to be able to give them guidance in a very positive light.  I found that I had to let them do the work, and make mistakes.  It is all part of the learning process.  As each session ended, I found myself almost crying when I said good-bye to all these little ones that I had formed a bond with.  I am so glad that I remembered to take pictures to capture those moments of joy from last summer.  I am looking forward to this summer to working with those wacky kids and all their young uninhibited artistic process.  If you live in the greater Seattle are, I am teaching my Summer Sew Camp in Bellevue at Quiltworks Northwest in the morning.  I will be teaching on the West side in Seattle in the afternoon.

Quiltworks NW, 425- 453-6005

Seattle, 206-282-5149

These are all the weeks Sew Camp is in session

July  6th-9th, 13th-16th, 20th-23rd, 27th-30th

August  3rd-6th, 10th-13th, 17th-20th

If you know a child that would love to sew, or a teen that wants to make clothes that fit, please pass this on to them.  Let's have some sew-rama fun!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[caption id="attachment_87" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Lily made a lunch bag!"]Lily made a lunch bag![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_88" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Zola made apron with killer whales on it!"]Zola made apron with killer whales on it![/caption]

Have an awesome summer.

Luv,

Cheryl

Comments